Andy Figueroa is joining the Studio Other team as an Industrial Engineer, bringing previous experience from an architecture firm. When he's not in the office, find him taking a hike with his dog, Baxter, or grabbing a drink at Peking Tavern and dumplings from next door. We are so happy to have Andy's engineering experience and adventurous personality as amazing additions to the team. Welcome, Andy, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Andy Figueroa, Industrial Engineer
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
Camarillo, CA is my hometown, currently living is Los Angeles, CA.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I previously worked for an architecture firm, retro fitting industrial doors and windows. My role was to design / draft custom doors, windows and hardware. Also to make sure everything works.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
I usually spend my weekends outside, at a park, or taking a hike with friends / siblings and my dog, Baxter.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
My go-to local spot I take visitors to is Peking Tavern in downtown LA. There's also a great little dumpling restaurant next door that I still don’t know the name of.
6. What’s a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
The skill that immediately comes to mind is learning a programming language such as Python or C++. I would also love to learn glassblowing.
7. Which 3 words would your family/friends use to describe you?
Adventurous, Reliable and Amusing
8. What’s your favorite movie, book, or musical artist/band?
My favorite movie is Birdman but The Shawshank Redemption is a close second.
9. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you’ve cooked or eaten! What made it special?
My most memorable meal was having a barbecue cookout with my extended family in Lima, Peru. The food was great, the company was better.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Studio Other and what do you hope to bring to the team?
With joining the Studio Other team, I’m looking forward to meeting great people and creating cool and exciting products. I hope to bring a little joy, laughter and experience in engineering.