Mary Martinez is joining the Studio Other team as a Summer Intern. On the weekends, you'll find this LA local playing video games, hanging with friends or trying out a new creative endeavor. When you meet her, be sure to ask about her recent trip to Greece. We're thrilled for Mary to learn about the industry and grow in her skills while with the team. Welcome, Mary, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Mary Martinez, Design Intern
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
I would say that my hometown is Long Beach and I currently live in Compton.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
Studio Other is the first company I have worked for.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
On the weekend you would often find me playing video games, hanging out with friends, or engaging in some creative hobby of mine.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
When people visit my local town, I don’t often recommend any specific spots.
6. What is your favorite memory from the past year?
My favorite memory from the past year would be going to Greece with my parents.
7. Salty or Sweet? What’s your favorite snack?
I prefer sweet over salty, although I do love salted caramel. Overall my favorite snack would either be BBQ Pringles or Cheese Balls.
8. Do you have a favorite quote, piece of advice, or core value you live by?
One of my favorite quotes is “F.A.I.L. means First Attempt In Learning.”
9. Show us your true colors! Which professional and/or college team(s) do you cheer for?
I cheer for the LA Dodgers for baseball and the LA Kings for hockey.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Studio Other and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I am most looking forward to seeing the professional things I can do with design and I hope to bring some new insight to the team.